Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week 1 and 2

We need a quick catch up to let you know the current reads.
The kids will be on later to fill you in with their reviews to the books:

Boo:

Week 1: Daisy Star, Ooo La, La - Cathy Cassidy
          I liked this book because it's about Daisy Star going to Paris. I like this book because it is an adventure.

              Daisy Star, Pink Guitar - Cathy Cassidy
          It's about Daisy Star joining a band and finding her hidden talent. Everyone wants to be a pop star!

Week 2: Sleepovers - Jaqueline Wilson
          It is about five friends having sleepovers and Daisy makes best friends with Emily. This is my favourite book it has some really funny parts. I read this book a lot.

The Wumster:

Week 1 and 2: Catching Fire - Susanne Collins
     I really, really enjoyed this book. I have read the Hunger Games and this is the next one in the series. I was often surprised about lots that happened at the second Hunger Games and I liked to find out more about Haymitch. There were lots of emotions in the book and things that made me sad or made me jump because I felt I knew Catniss and Peeter now. 

'T':

Week 1 - Guardian Angel - Robert Muchamore
          Cherub Agent, Ryan Sharma has been assigned to capture a family of illegal smugglers in Kyrgyzstan. I like how Ryan deals with the fact that his friend Ethan is a member of the family and wants to save him. I like how it shows how friendship and loyalty can be tested.


Week 2 - Re reading Class A as he read them in the wrong order - also Robert Muchamore
           James, Kyle, Kenny and Nicole have been assigned to Drug dealers by befriending the drug dealers' kids. All is going well until James' birthday and one of the dealers' sons offer him and Nicole and Class A drug. It is a really gripping book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing an interest in our challenge. If you want to leave a comment, suggest some books or just say 'hi', please do.